Five Strategies For Effective Blogging
If you are new to blogging you might think it is an easy task but the reality is that 90% of blogs end up in the cyberspace junk yard. A lot of bloggers find it hard to think of topics to write about, and so do not post regularly enough to attract visitors. In the current search engine landscape this is suicide; fresh content of high quality is what counts today, and without this you have little chance of success. Some bloggers, however, are comfortable writing daily posts and a few of us even post more than once a day.
The more you quality content you can write the better your work will be perceived. Engaging your readers is also important if you want to build a relationship with them, so to be effective, you must add fresh, quality content on a regular basis. In this article we will examine five key strategies which can help make blogging efforts easy.
1. Plan ahead. Write your content ahead of time and save it in a folder ready for publishing at some point in the future. WordPress users have the ability to schedule posts for future release, so this can be a very efficient way of creating content. If materiel is written in one sitting it can then be dripped into the blog over a period of time ñ for example a week.
2. Write about as wide a range of topics related to your niche as you can. Look at other blogs, social media sites and subscribe to Google Alerts for trending subjects. Doing this will give your visitors fresh content that is also current, which can be a great way of establishing authority in a niche. It will also mean that you will not run out of ideas on subjects to write about.
3. Ask for comments from your visitors that relate to the specific post they are viewing. This is a great way of adding extra unique content to each post and the more interaction you can encourage the more visitors will be tempted to comment in response. A touch of controversy is usually a great tactic for sparking a discussion.
4. Use sites like Yahoo Answers to research the sort of questions real people are asking, and give the visitor a solution to the problem in your blog posts. Social media sites are also a good source of relevant information on subjects that people are interested in.
5. If you are really stuck for inspiration, try using PLR content. While this is not ideal, and frequently needs to be rewritten, it often gives information you may not otherwise know. Be sure to customize it to make it unique and break it up into the kind of post you would actually write yourself for originality and credibility.
By harnessing these five tactics you can write your posts easily and reap the reward of having original, quality materiel that your visitors will like and respond to. The more you post, the better your blog will rank in the search engines and consequently the more traffic you will attract to your blog.